Thursday, October 15, 2009

Who Are You?

Yesterday I had a nice philosophical conversation - part of which had me saying, "I'm a cloud".

So it was interesting last night to entertain notions of interior design of the FMO as I began construction of a ladder/stair ('lair'). This combined with drop down shelves reminded me of a mighty, morphin' performance space for Greek dramas and Mozart's Don Giovanni in particular. The wood stove (newly lit) represented the fires of hell below the descending lair from the gods above.

I said to myself, "I am, I am...".

All in the interest of space. I'm reminded of C.G. Jung's thirty year build of his home on the shores of Lake Geneva as the subconscious revelation of self and wonder what other embedded messages are formed within my architecture.

O, the satisfaction of design/build!

No comments:

Post a Comment