Friday, June 5, 2009

Bear - Paw Print and Scat

I was clearing trail in the middle of Deerwood yesterday and came across another bear scat and a paw print this time.

Bear paw pint (outlined in white) and bear scat (right) in Deerwood.

The print (rear paw?) was about the size of my hand (7" x 4"). That's bigger than the partial prints on the door. Though if it's the same bear, the front paws would be smaller than the back paws...I think....

If anyone of both my blog readers knows of a chart to match the size of a bear paw print to the size of the bear, um, please let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Let's see (consulting chart)...7 by 4... (turns wheel matching paw size to bear size) equals...RUN LIKE HELL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, there's always that moment of freezing when I see the bear scat, then looking around.

    Where's the bear now?

    Had a run in with a bear round midnight tonight that I'm gonna do a post on tomorrow - if I survive the night....

    ReplyDelete