Thursday, June 11, 2009

Clearin' Land

I was off to Burk's Falls, over at Karen and Dave's place, for a few days.

There was some land clearing to be done down by the lake to make way for their future sauna/boathouse compound. The hard work was eased by thoughts of gourmet meals and hot tubs at night.

Dave and I went over to Gib's chainsaw emporium off Hwy 52o for a couple new chains. I asked the proprietor how much he'd charge, say, for a used 90 cc - if I was to come by some time. He looked around the scattered saws and parts at his feet. He half lifted a Husky I thought was a goner for sure. "Have to put on a new muffler...two-fifty." $250 is darn good when I'd easily pay a grand for a new one.

Think I was still talking to ole Gib when he just turned around and walked back into the farmhouse.

See ya later!!
Dave tries out the new saw chain.


Dave gives the birch an attitude adjustment.


Scene of the carnage.

No comments:

Post a Comment