Sunday, June 7, 2009

Midnight Rambler

Mom said she thought a deer was walking around the house late that night.  I didn't pay too much attention, watching my fave TV show, Top Gear.  But that couldn't be right - deer around the house late at night.

Around midnight I heard a 'thump' out on the front deck.  Right.  I bolted for the door and threw on the outside lights.

The bear had turned and started away from the front door.  I smashed it open and the screen door as the black rear end boogied off the deck, golden snout swinging back for a look.

"GEEDDOOOTTTAAAAHERRRREEEE!!!!

It wasn't a big bear - maybe three years old - as it tore into the woods.  I like bears, I just don't want them getting used to hanging around.  Bad for humans and bear in the long run.

Bobo 1, Bear 1.


No comments:

Post a Comment