Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Forestry Forum

I was considering the issue of skidding trees out of the woods the other day and visited The Forestry Forum on the interwebs for some skuttlebutt.

I find the sort of chatter these good 'ol boys type up both amusing and compelling. I knew (sadly?) that these were my kinda guys when I got into the 'growing mushrooms' thread. Forestry, mushrooms? Yaup.

Here's a sample of the thread titles...
  • Boot break in...
  • Intermitent saw head with rotation
  • Skidding under powerlines
  • Women in logging
  • Smuggling problem??
  • Log prices
  • One of my crazy equipment ideas
What's his crazy idea this time?
Has anyone ever taken a backhoe boom and stick and put a grapple on it to use for a log skidder? I would think that it wouldn't work good on a backhoe, but a different tractor for a carrier. Maybe a way to convert a cabble skidder. I'm sure that backhoe attachments are pretty easy and cheap to get.
Haven't tried that yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment