Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Half and Half

I've shaked up one side of the office in the woods with the more difficult side yet to be done.

Due to a change in the weather toward rain, I've tossed up a make shift tarp to stop most of the rain coming into the structure.

For the last few days I've built a chimney support structure and somewhat assembled the chimney. And let me tell you that hoisting a six foot long stainless steel chimney pipe into a support socket when one foot on a 1x4 piece of wood strapping is the only thing between me and solid granite 20 feet below, a new form of sweat is discovered.

Sister Sue is bringing up another 4 bundles of cedar shakes and 5 lbs of nails.

Gonna buy that roof harness with my next paycheque. Falling is just a matter of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment