Monday, April 13, 2009

Driller Killer

The day before I surveyed the office foundation rock. Using orange spray paint and a straight edge of plywood, I marked out the rough exterior boundary of the office walls.

Then I located the six concrete pier locations on which the office will be built. In order to preserve as much rock moss as possible, I used a section of construction tube to outline a circle cut, and dig out the organic material where the pier would be set.

Then I spray painted the interior of the pier tube jig to indicate pier placement in order to drill into the granite four holes per pier for rebar metal pin attachment. The rebar will make the concrete pier stronger and help connect it to the stone base.

Within an hour all the holes are drilled and ready to have the rebar rods epoxied in the granite.


No comments:

Post a Comment