Saturday, April 25, 2009

Haulin' Lumber

Today was for the buying of construction materials, and hauling them to the office building site.

I haven't quite finished the moving job. Hope to finish the move tomorrow and start setting 6x6 posts on the metal saddles.

Yea! Some photos of a thunderstorm moving day...


I tried to sort of skid the lumber in.
Didn't work too well.


Then I tried side-saddle ATV lumber jousting.
Nope.



Moving a 2" x 10" x 16' the old-fashioned way.


Then the first of many thunderstorms.
We waited it out under a hemlock tree.


A-ha! Why not try eight sheets of plywood
strapped to the wagon?!
That should be easy!


A tight fit.

Along the way I'd stop, feeling like I could carry them the rest of the distance. After walking a sheet of plywood to the office site, I figured I could try to ATV closer.



Just before the unstable corduroy trail section.


We made it all the way through - sorta.



After a very close call the Foreman (aka The Dream Machine)
actually makes it to the office site with 5 sheets of plywood.


The construction site grows.

No comments:

Post a Comment