Monday, April 27, 2009

Redneck Deck

Without the sunblock, today's sun and 24 Celsius was nice until the 40 km/h gusts of wind.

The day was spent securing the post and beam under structure of the forest management office. I still need to put braces in to firm it up.

Then I constructed the office floor from 2x8s. Had to cut all fifteen of them with the handsaw. Cutting 2x board is a lot easier than 6x post.

But all day was spent hammering every nail. This increases the labour hours 3x. Think I'll try to use the cordless drill to pre-drill and drive in the lag bolts for the post and beam....

I've decided to turn the underside of the office into my screened-in wildlife blind (eventually). Lying or sitting on the rock under the office provides shade and a nice mossy rock to 360 survey the surrounding area. In winter it could serve as a covered firewood shed if I installed a small wood stove for cold weather work.

Time to saw.


I actually get a little sleep, sawing wood.


Marking nailing lines under the office.


The deck is nailed up. Later I covered it in plastic sheeting
as there's rain in the forecast.

No comments:

Post a Comment