Thursday, November 5, 2009

Back on the Trails Again

Starting back into the trail re-blazin' and clearing groove.

I feel like an animal scratching my way through the forest, throwing sticks and logs to the side with saws and blades for teeth and claws.

I pity the wood that gets in my fevered trail-clearing state. Rocks are sometimes a different story. It's like they've got a mind of their own. And sometimes one will say to me, "I'm staying right here". You win...this time, rock. Gone are the days where you could buy rock and stump clearing sticks of dynamite over the counter at Canadian Tire. That and your 12 gauge pepper gun. The good ole days.

I've declared a Jihad on those spikey, dead hemlock branches that threaten to impale me at every turn. This is my new boot-to-the-head workout.


After a day working the trails I can take a picture that's destined to be the centrepiece of my tabloid TV 15 minute segment....

1 comment: