Wednesday, November 4, 2009

FMO Platform

I've gone on a bit about the FMO and the work I've done on it.

Here's a whacky innovation to solve some space issues. I've built a sort of levitating platform that I can raise and lower by ropes and pulleys.

It's meant as a storage platform for either people or supplies. By having it on a pulley, I can raise it up to the rafter ties (as it is in the photo), or even down a few feet, and still walk under the clear space below. It can be lowered to within a foot of the the floor and secured for seating. Though I think two people sitting on it is the weight limit. Should post a sign somewhere....

Haven't worked out all the pulley system stuff yet and may try another system when I install one on the other side.

There's also another rope and pulley shown in the photo for raising and lowering the ladder/stair ('lair') to access attic storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment