Saturday, November 7, 2009

Beaver Sign

I was clearing trail again today and came across a bunch of sugar maple saplings. Rather I stumbled across a bunch of former saplings as the local beaver mafia had 'taken care' of them.

What's that insect doing?

It's a bit hard to see, but the beaver drag trail (below) shows a bread crumb trail of wood chips. It's the on ramp for the flooded lowland beaver freeway to the overdeveloped beaver condo complex. They got skating rink and everything.

You win this time, beaver!!!

Guess you won't be needing this flooded
beaver freeway for a while. Sorry!

Beaver 1: Bill 1

In the morning I heard rifle fire of deer hunters not far off. The afternoon was quiet and am happy to say that I watched four deer grazing nearby. They only stopped when I stopped to watch them. They went back to eating when I started to toss logs left and right again.

No comments:

Post a Comment