Sunday, November 1, 2009

No Hunting

A forest manager's work is never done.

I believe hunting season for deer begins today - November 1st.

Already got the dayglo orange baseball cap.

As Deerwood Estate is a forest preserve, I want to post 'NO HUNTING' signs around the property. I've come up with a draft version (below) and just need Ma Pocock's approval to do some colour printing. I figure the cheapest option is to print onto paper then get the paper sealed in plastic. Then, mount the signs on plywood backing for posting along the property line.

I think the doe and fawn image captures the
Deerwood philosophy of forest preservation.

The doe and fawn image took me most of yesterday to transfer from a photo. I'm no graphics whiz, but I'm satisfied with the result. It's difficult to communicate a complex message with simple visuals. I hope I've succeeded. As it's pre-approval, there may be another version.

No comments:

Post a Comment